Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon
Casey Mears talks to his crew about his car during NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Qualifying at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, on Friday in Loudon. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
The win was Little’s second on the K&N Pro Series East circuit.
Drake took the lead on lap 90 — two laps before the race was red-flagged for a hard wreck in Turn 1. Jones was alongside him on the front row on the restart and the duo got away better than front row occupants on two earlier restarts. There were eight cautions in all, including a competition yellow at the halfway mark for minor adjustments.
Ben Rhodes, 17, of Louisville, Ky., started on the pole and led 15 of the first 25 laps before he was overtaken by Gray Gaulding. Gaulding held the lead until lap 79 when a deflated right front tire did him in.
Conley finished third, two car lengths ahead of Jay Beasley and Chad Finley. Positions 6-10 went Ronnie Bassett Jr., who started 26th, Austin Hill, Gaulding, Brodie Kostecki and 15-year-old Kaz Grala of Westborough, Mass.
Starting position in parentheses
1. Jesse Little (2) Sherrill’s Ford, N.C.
2. Eddie MacDonald (9) Rowley, Mass.
3. Cale Conley (30) Vienna, W.Va.
5. Chad Finley (3) DeWitt, Mich.
6. Ronnie Bassett Jr. (26) Winston-Salem, N.C.
7. Austin Hill (13) Winston, Ga.
8. Gray Gaulding (5) Colonial Heights, Va.
9. Brodie Kostecki (19) Perth, Australia
11. Kyle Benjamin (11) Easley, S.C.
12. Matt Tifft (14) Hinckley, Ohio
13 Trey Hutchens (22) Lexington, N.C.
14. Kenzie Ruston (24) El Reno, Okla.
15. David Garbo (25) Stonington, Conn.
17. Anderson Bowen (27) Suwanee, Ga.
18. Giles Thornton (31) Whitefish, Mont.
19. Jeremy Burns (16) Simpsonville, S.C.
20. John Salemi (29) Nashua