Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
At Windy Ridge Orchard, blueberries - which are pick-your-own - extend the earning season by a month and a half, said Fabrizio, this allows the family-owned business to also sustain its efforts in the Cider House Café and The Vineyard and Winery at Seven Birches, the signature wine of which is blueberry flavored.
The vertical, high-bush plants make it easy for just about anyone to pick blueberries, said Fabrizio, which at Windy Ridge Orchard include the Blueray, Patriot, Northland, Jersey and Bluecrop varieties.
On Wednesday, as she got ready for the July 14 start of the blueberry season, Fabrizio said all indicators were positive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community ready to party like its 1814: 200th Gala Anniversary set for Sept. 27 - 0
- Peterborough children's author to be featured at Francestown Labor Day Celebration - 0
- White House honors Nashua teen for environmental stewardship - 0
- Building joint Salem public safety facility to be studied - 0
- Selectmen reduce non-resident registrations at senior center - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: October's on the shelves already - 0
- NH food & wine calendar, beginning Aug. 28 - 0
- Winners Announced for 10th Annual Hampton Beach Talent Competition - 0
- Crotched Mountain Accessible Recreation and Sports brings back adaptive shooting clinics - 0
Pinkerton community ready to party like its 1814: 200th Gala Anniversary set for Sept. 27
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate