Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
At Windy Ridge Orchard, blueberries - which are pick-your-own - extend the earning season by a month and a half, said Fabrizio, this allows the family-owned business to also sustain its efforts in the Cider House Café and The Vineyard and Winery at Seven Birches, the signature wine of which is blueberry flavored.
The vertical, high-bush plants make it easy for just about anyone to pick blueberries, said Fabrizio, which at Windy Ridge Orchard include the Blueray, Patriot, Northland, Jersey and Bluecrop varieties.
On Wednesday, as she got ready for the July 14 start of the blueberry season, Fabrizio said all indicators were positive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Win tickets to see Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo - 0
- Win tickets to see Black Label Society - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Whitesnake return with the Purple Album - 0
- Loeb School announces Spring classes - 0
- Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators announce additional dates for U.S. Tour including Hampton - 0
- Discover WILD New Hampshire Day Set - 0
- Ryan Cabrera is coming to Manchester April 2 - 0
- New England Disabled Sports and Loon Mountain Resort to Host 2015 US Paralympic Alpine Championships - 0
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Last Week's Rare Bird Alert
Harrigan closes up camp
Senators call for reward in ISIS killings
Steve Ahnen and Henry Lipman: Medicaid expansion is unquestionably helping Granite Staters
When the snow melts, a draining concern