Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
At Windy Ridge Orchard, blueberries - which are pick-your-own - extend the earning season by a month and a half, said Fabrizio, this allows the family-owned business to also sustain its efforts in the Cider House Café and The Vineyard and Winery at Seven Birches, the signature wine of which is blueberry flavored.
The vertical, high-bush plants make it easy for just about anyone to pick blueberries, said Fabrizio, which at Windy Ridge Orchard include the Blueray, Patriot, Northland, Jersey and Bluecrop varieties.
On Wednesday, as she got ready for the July 14 start of the blueberry season, Fabrizio said all indicators were positive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't - 0
- Some mighty tasty burgers at Willy's - 0
- Super Bowl champ makes Manchester appearance - 0
- Police investigating virus that attacked Auburn town, school computers - 0
- Remove Bobhouses from Ice by April 1 - 0
- Hooksett DPW workers say boss is abusive - 0
- Now's the time to assess winter's toll on your yard - 0
- Text of Vote of No Confidence in Public Works Director Leo Lessard - 0
- Questions linger as Auburn selectmen attempt to bring back town administrator - 1
Super Bowl champ makes Manchester appearance
Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't
Guide Lines: Options for open-water fishing
Report: NH plant species at risk
Taxing tobacco: Hassan's bad proposal
Bedford mom never complained to friend
Thomas Sowell: Who would trust Iran?
Christie returns to NH in two weeks