Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
At Windy Ridge Orchard, blueberries - which are pick-your-own - extend the earning season by a month and a half, said Fabrizio, this allows the family-owned business to also sustain its efforts in the Cider House Café and The Vineyard and Winery at Seven Birches, the signature wine of which is blueberry flavored.
The vertical, high-bush plants make it easy for just about anyone to pick blueberries, said Fabrizio, which at Windy Ridge Orchard include the Blueray, Patriot, Northland, Jersey and Bluecrop varieties.
On Wednesday, as she got ready for the July 14 start of the blueberry season, Fabrizio said all indicators were positive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Italian with a twist in Portsmouth - 0
- Salvation Army takes over for Santa in Nashua - 0
- Lurgio students learn about Africa, water scarcity through unique approach - 0
- A Chat with Elsie: Windham principal recognized for excellence - 0
- Salem Christmas Fund - 0
- Willow Street Bridge funding decision imminent - 0
- Pelham power line project could impact town - 0
- Nashua playground to feature multiple mushroom steppers and much more - 0
- Auburn road agent files lawsuit for being named in illegal dumping probe - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Arc Isis
Enter to win tickets to see Pirate School
NH's fishing industry staggered
Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice
All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so
Taxi fail: City regulations don't work
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Bush 41, 43 and ... 45?
Good news, of sorts, for jobs in NH