Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
At Windy Ridge Orchard, blueberries - which are pick-your-own - extend the earning season by a month and a half, said Fabrizio, this allows the family-owned business to also sustain its efforts in the Cider House Café and The Vineyard and Winery at Seven Birches, the signature wine of which is blueberry flavored.
The vertical, high-bush plants make it easy for just about anyone to pick blueberries, said Fabrizio, which at Windy Ridge Orchard include the Blueray, Patriot, Northland, Jersey and Bluecrop varieties.
On Wednesday, as she got ready for the July 14 start of the blueberry season, Fabrizio said all indicators were positive.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone - 0
- Former mini-golf course to transform into botanical gardens - 0
- Flash mob stands as one in Manchester for campaign to end childhood homelessness - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Danbury Grange plans fair, 'Living Sustainably' session - 0
- Gov. Hassan signs ATV bills, opens new North Country connector trail - 0
- The band Live return this October with new album, 'The Turn' - 0
- 2014 marks the 20th year of AmeriCorps programs - 0
- Billy Idol will release 'Kings & Queens of the Underground' on October 21 - 0
- Exhibit serves as 'Witness' to Civil Rights Movement - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you