Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police say officer struck multiple times in post-race chase
According to a press release, Trooper Stephanie Bosch was directing traffic inside the entrance to the speedway after Sunday's Camping World RV Sales 301. At 6:13 p.m., she attempted to stop a red Chevrolet Silverado pickup driven by Damian Biron, 21, for what police said was "a motor vehicle infraction."
Police said Biron would not stop for Bosch and she had to step out of the truck's path. Biron then drove toward another trooper, Michael Doran, who was also directing traffic, according to police. Doran also tried to stop Biron, but police said Biron struck the officer with the truck's front grille. Doran tried to move, but Biron steered in the same direction and struck him again, police said, adding Doran was struck a third time before Brion drove away, hitting another vehicle in the process. Police said Doran was not hurt in the collision.
According to police, Biron drove off, heading southbound on Route 106 "at a high rate of speed for the given traffic congestion." About a mile south of the track, Biron's truck hit a black Chevrolet Silverado pickup driven by Shane Horvath, 22, of Nottingham, pushing Horvath's truck 20 feet off the road and resulting in heavy front-end damage to Biron's truck, police said.
Police said Biron tried to flee on foot, but was taken into custody.
Two passengers in Biron's truck who were taken to Concord Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, while the occupants of the two vehicles that were struck by Biron's truck did not report any injuries.
Biron was charged two counts of felony reckless conduct, two counts of disobeying an officer, two counts of criminal threatening, three counts of simple assault, and DUI. Biron was taken to the Merrimack County Jail, where he refused bail. He will be arraigned at Concord Circuit Court on Monday morning.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Trooper Douglas A. Schack of the New Hampshire State Police Troop D at 603-223-8955 or email him at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Total Votes: 917