Home » News » Public Safety
Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon
"There's more going on this year on the weekend, and the weather has been very good, so I'd say on Sunday, we might have a somewhat larger than normal crowd departing," Fiske said.
"We're really pleased that so many agree to help us on this busy weekend. It's phenomenal that they all want to help us work the race," he said.
"There was one guy who had minor injuries Saturday morning on his way to work, not race-related, but that's been it," Fiske said,
At exodus time - usually beginning around 4 p.m. - about 70 percent will head south in special temporary southbound lanes on Route 106 toward Interstate 93.
"The fire departments are sited at strategic spots, and there are police officers at every road off of Route 106, whether there's an overpass or an exit or not," Fiske said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 8
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park