Home » Opinion » Editorials
State-owned website should be named NH.Gov.Propaganda
It's state's website, not Hassan's
So says Gov. Maggie Hassan, in a release pushing a federal bill.
Actually, we know the answer. The Democrats nationally have made no secret of the fact that they intend to use the so-called Hobby Lobby U.S. Supreme Court decision to gin up political support and campaign dollars. Gov. Hassan wants to help.
The Orwellian-named "Protect Women's Health from Corporate Interference Act" would effectively undo the Hobby Lobby ruling and force employers to pay for all types of contraception, regardless of their religious objections, if co-sponsors like U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen have their way.
Of course, Gov. Hassan is also running for re-election and helping liberal voter turnout helps her, as well. Fine. Let her campaign office, not the state's website, churn out all the political pieces she wants.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View - Charles Lane: Obama's wedge issue is the seductive lure of golf - 2
- Jonah Goldberg: If the Islamic State is not evil, then what is? - 4
- George Will: Will we build the Navy we need? - 1
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal urban police policies won't quell riots - 0
- Another View -- Frank Guinta: I am uniquely qualified to represent NH in Congress - 12
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test