Home » Opinion » Editorials
State-owned website should be named NH.Gov.Propaganda
It's state's website, not Hassan's
So says Gov. Maggie Hassan, in a release pushing a federal bill.
Actually, we know the answer. The Democrats nationally have made no secret of the fact that they intend to use the so-called Hobby Lobby U.S. Supreme Court decision to gin up political support and campaign dollars. Gov. Hassan wants to help.
The Orwellian-named "Protect Women's Health from Corporate Interference Act" would effectively undo the Hobby Lobby ruling and force employers to pay for all types of contraception, regardless of their religious objections, if co-sponsors like U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen have their way.
Of course, Gov. Hassan is also running for re-election and helping liberal voter turnout helps her, as well. Fine. Let her campaign office, not the state's website, churn out all the political pieces she wants.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 3
- Pat Buchanan: The high price of papal popularity - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 15
- Deroy Murdock: Scott Brown's good case for a Republican Senate - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Rise of the Clinton Democrats (not really) - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 23
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: Ebola vs. civil liberties - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 1
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 2
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 2
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen