Home » Opinion » Editorials
State-owned website should be named NH.Gov.Propaganda
It's state's website, not Hassan's
So says Gov. Maggie Hassan, in a release pushing a federal bill.
Actually, we know the answer. The Democrats nationally have made no secret of the fact that they intend to use the so-called Hobby Lobby U.S. Supreme Court decision to gin up political support and campaign dollars. Gov. Hassan wants to help.
The Orwellian-named "Protect Women's Health from Corporate Interference Act" would effectively undo the Hobby Lobby ruling and force employers to pay for all types of contraception, regardless of their religious objections, if co-sponsors like U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen have their way.
Of course, Gov. Hassan is also running for re-election and helping liberal voter turnout helps her, as well. Fine. Let her campaign office, not the state's website, churn out all the political pieces she wants.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Strategery: A war by any other name - 20
- Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.? - 5
- Public be damned: Litchfield latest example - 2
- NH's 9/11 victims: We cannot forget - 0
- Celebrating Stark: And America, in Manchester - 0
- NH's Obamabots: Taking their cues from party bosses - 57
- Spending & voting: MayDay's wasted money - 5
- For the NH GOP: Two new stars - 13
- 9/11 memories revived: 'A quiet, unyielding anger' - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua