Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer
I had not thought of it before, but apparently there are different kinds.
My favorite errors from last week’s newspapers (and this may just give aid and comfort to the “idiot’’ questioner), included our citing the rare date of “March 36’’ in one news story (I think it was a Schmoozeday); and in another reporting that some roads were “barely impassable’’ in one New Hampshire town not long ago.
My favorite quote from last week was one I read in a wonderful little book titled “One Summer, America 1927.’’
“Three generations of imbeciles are enough.’’
The ladies were great. They don’t swear (or perhaps they were just trying not to offend my delicate sensibilities). They bring coffee and blueberry muffins.
They are all very encouraging to each other, as opposed to the guys, who say things like, “oh, gee, that’s too bad!’’ with sarcasm dripping from every word.
I’d be honored.
Write to Joe McQuaid at Publisher@unionleader.com or on Twitter at @deucecrew.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 4
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 3
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
- Jonah Goldberg: Why narratives are more powerful than ideas - 0
- Pat Buchanan: People sense the country is falling apart - 2
- Celeste Clark : I saw Keene State College and the police try to prevent a riot - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Colorado shows the perils of mailing-in the election - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters