Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer
I had not thought of it before, but apparently there are different kinds.
My favorite errors from last week’s newspapers (and this may just give aid and comfort to the “idiot’’ questioner), included our citing the rare date of “March 36’’ in one news story (I think it was a Schmoozeday); and in another reporting that some roads were “barely impassable’’ in one New Hampshire town not long ago.
My favorite quote from last week was one I read in a wonderful little book titled “One Summer, America 1927.’’
“Three generations of imbeciles are enough.’’
The ladies were great. They don’t swear (or perhaps they were just trying not to offend my delicate sensibilities). They bring coffee and blueberry muffins.
They are all very encouraging to each other, as opposed to the guys, who say things like, “oh, gee, that’s too bad!’’ with sarcasm dripping from every word.
I’d be honored.
Write to Joe McQuaid at Publisher@unionleader.com or on Twitter at @deucecrew.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 16
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads