Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Derry woman sentenced for 13 residential burglaries in Rockingham County
Bonnie Usher, 46, of Derry was sentenced four to 10 years for burglarizing 13 homes in Derry, Londonderry and Auburn and looting them of valuables. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
Bonnie Usher, 46, was sentenced on Monday to four to 10 years in state prison for the series of brazen residential burglaries that happened between Sept. 27 and Jan 15. The burglaries were in Derry, Londonderry and Auburn.
Usher received an additional 10- to 20-year sentence that was suspended as long as she remains on good behavior.
The burglary spree ended on Jan. 15 when Derry police pulled over her car while she was driving on South Main Street. Derry detectives had watched her enter a home and exit a few minutes later with property from the house. Police checked on the home and found that it had been broken into.
Public defender Jim Reis said his client is more than willing to pay all restitution in the case, but questioned one homeowner’s claim that they lost $37,000 in jewelry.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 8
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 1
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 1
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America
- Total Votes: 917