Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Derry woman sentenced for 13 residential burglaries in Rockingham County
Bonnie Usher, 46, of Derry was sentenced four to 10 years for burglarizing 13 homes in Derry, Londonderry and Auburn and looting them of valuables. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
Bonnie Usher, 46, was sentenced on Monday to four to 10 years in state prison for the series of brazen residential burglaries that happened between Sept. 27 and Jan 15. The burglaries were in Derry, Londonderry and Auburn.
Usher received an additional 10- to 20-year sentence that was suspended as long as she remains on good behavior.
The burglary spree ended on Jan. 15 when Derry police pulled over her car while she was driving on South Main Street. Derry detectives had watched her enter a home and exit a few minutes later with property from the house. Police checked on the home and found that it had been broken into.
Public defender Jim Reis said his client is more than willing to pay all restitution in the case, but questioned one homeowner’s claim that they lost $37,000 in jewelry.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483