Candia Road housing pushed, raising traffic concerns
Rush hour traffic is shown near the Dunkin' Donuts on Candia Road in Manchester on Monday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
Last week, the zoning board gave the developer a month to study traffic along Candia Road before the board considers a variance. Many members of the zoning board expressed skepticism.
On a daily basis, 18,000 cars traveled the road in 2013, according to data compiled by the Southern New Hamsphire Regional Planning Commission.
“There’ll be delays, there’ll be queues, but they would not be very significant,” said the engineer, Bob Duval.
Scrivanos wants to build five three-story buildings. Plans call for a pool, a clubhouse and 302 parking spaces.
“As a matter of right ... we could have at least 300 and as many as 400 bedrooms on that parcel. That’s not our goal,” he said.
Cronin said Scrivanos intends to respond to the questions raised by the zoning board, including traffic. But he said the planning board usually requires a traffic study.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Tough task for NH budget writers - 16
- A kinder, gentler House Speaker? - 19
- State's treasury chief will seek a full term from Legislature - 0
- GOP gives nod to Bill O'Brien's return as House speaker - 47
- Advocates want more money from liquor sales to treat addiction - 0
- GOP and Democrats each pick up a seat in recounts - 0
- Bedford’s Sanborn drops out of NH House Speaker race - 0
- Merrill replaces Flanders as NH Senate Chief of Staff - 0
- Gov. Hassan wants a 'thoughtful, careful' budget - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 3
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 3
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection