Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua church family unites following fire
The chapel at Heritage Baptist Church in Nashua is covered in about an inch of water following a Sunday fire. (COURTESY)
“There is no determination of cause as of yet,” Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Kerrigan said Monday. The blaze likely originated in the attic area, according to Kerrigan.
“There was some structural damage in the roof area of the building, and some of the main beams were compromised,” said Kerrigan. “They will need do some repair work, but they can rebuild.”
Pastor Larry Hileman was photographed on Monday while praying outside of the damaged church building, a photograph that was posted on the church’s Facebook page along with other pictures of the charred facility.
A firefighter was able to save the Bible being used by Hileman at the time of the service, as it remained open on the pulpit.
“The building can be repaired. We will rebuild,” Brian Denny, a church member, said Sunday evening while crews were still battling the fire.
“Our family is praying as we put God first in this situation,” Julie Norman Oak posted on Facebook. “What is the next step God wants us to take? Let us all continue to pray in unity for our church to seek his will.”
“Everybody worked very well together to make sure we all got out safely before we began praying,” she said. “We are hopeful we will be able to stay in this building.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters