Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua church family unites following fire
The chapel at Heritage Baptist Church in Nashua is covered in about an inch of water following a Sunday fire. (COURTESY)
“There is no determination of cause as of yet,” Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Kerrigan said Monday. The blaze likely originated in the attic area, according to Kerrigan.
“There was some structural damage in the roof area of the building, and some of the main beams were compromised,” said Kerrigan. “They will need do some repair work, but they can rebuild.”
Pastor Larry Hileman was photographed on Monday while praying outside of the damaged church building, a photograph that was posted on the church’s Facebook page along with other pictures of the charred facility.
A firefighter was able to save the Bible being used by Hileman at the time of the service, as it remained open on the pulpit.
“The building can be repaired. We will rebuild,” Brian Denny, a church member, said Sunday evening while crews were still battling the fire.
“Our family is praying as we put God first in this situation,” Julie Norman Oak posted on Facebook. “What is the next step God wants us to take? Let us all continue to pray in unity for our church to seek his will.”
“Everybody worked very well together to make sure we all got out safely before we began praying,” she said. “We are hopeful we will be able to stay in this building.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?