Home » News » Public Safety
Nashua church family unites following fire
The chapel at Heritage Baptist Church in Nashua is covered in about an inch of water following a Sunday fire. (COURTESY)
“There is no determination of cause as of yet,” Deputy Fire Chief Kevin Kerrigan said Monday. The blaze likely originated in the attic area, according to Kerrigan.
“There was some structural damage in the roof area of the building, and some of the main beams were compromised,” said Kerrigan. “They will need do some repair work, but they can rebuild.”
Pastor Larry Hileman was photographed on Monday while praying outside of the damaged church building, a photograph that was posted on the church’s Facebook page along with other pictures of the charred facility.
A firefighter was able to save the Bible being used by Hileman at the time of the service, as it remained open on the pulpit.
“The building can be repaired. We will rebuild,” Brian Denny, a church member, said Sunday evening while crews were still battling the fire.
“Our family is praying as we put God first in this situation,” Julie Norman Oak posted on Facebook. “What is the next step God wants us to take? Let us all continue to pray in unity for our church to seek his will.”
“Everybody worked very well together to make sure we all got out safely before we began praying,” she said. “We are hopeful we will be able to stay in this building.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate