NH DOT: Derry's portion for Exit 4A project capped at $5m
During the meeting, the NH DOT presented an update on the Interstate 93 widening project and answered councilors’ questions about the controversial Exit 4A project.
Town councilors last month expressed concerns that because of delays the cost of the project could soar to more than $100 million, leaving Derry responsible for a portion of the excess.
Councilor Thomas Cardon, who has followed the Exit 4A project for years, said the loss of the documents doesn’t mean Derry doesn’t owe the $5 million but questioned if there was anything on paper showing the town was obligated.
“There’s not one signature from anybody in Derry that has signed this document,” Cardon said.
Cardon said he has been looking for four years for the original contract that included Derry, but he hasn’t found it yet.
The reason the contract could have been hidden is because of a possible deadline date that would make the document null and void.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Another View -- Fred Hiatt: Disengage from the world, and this is what happens - 0
- David Harsanyi: Are teachers really underpaid? - 9
- Jonah Goldberg: The U.N. club needs higher standards - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 20
- Deroy Murdock: What if Gaza were San Diego instead? - 1
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 55
- Another View -- Charles Lane: Obamacare and the Constitution - 22
- John Stossel: Why are we giving the police so much power? - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride