Home » News » Politics » State Government
'Aerospace corridor' eyed between Quebec and New England
Despite its success, Aero Montreal continues to seek cross-border partners, he said, noting that in looking at the world scene from Quebec, the competition isn’t coming from the U.S., but from Mexico, Poland and China.
Kelly noted that one firm there, MDS Coatings, already has a working relationship with Hooksett’s General Electric Aviation Co., which it assisted in helping extend the life of turbine rotors in Navy and Marine Corps helicopters.
Christopher Wrenn, who is chairman of the NHADEC, said even though the Granite State aerospace consortium is still in its infancy, things are trending toward the positive.New Hampshire has some 300 aerospace and defense companies, said Wrenn, adding that 60 have joined NHADEC, which has helped some of them attend international aerospace expositions in addition to working on measures to protect intellectual property rights and deal with the often complicated regulatory scheme for exporting products.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Winning $100,000 lottery ticket sold in Laconia - 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 6
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 7
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket