Wild weather strikes Granite State
The umbrellas came out during a series of rainstorms on Tuesday in Manchester. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
The storm made some serious noise as it moved through, soaking much of the region with 1 to 2 inches of rain.
However, by 7 p.m., Gerhard said the road was clear for drivers.
The home narrowly avoided serious damage after a pair of propane tanks caught fire.
Londonderry Fire Department officials reported receiving a call from residents at approximately 3:50 p.m.
The fire was reportedly under control within less than 10 minutes, though a resulting gas leak took slightly longer to resolve, fire officials said.
The park issued a severe weather alert and closed at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The forecast calls for more thunderstorms today so the park will remain closed for the day.
Union Leader correspondents Barbara Taormina, Adam Swift and April Guilmet contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man stole lottery tickets from Manchester store - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- 48 set to be cleared after Ebola monitoring - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 0
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 1
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- Report: Sox may trade Cespedes - 0
- Pearson, Toffoli score in Los Angeles' win - 0
- Monarchs, UNH brace for home openers - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Monitoring social media
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
After riots, soul-searching begins
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy