Wild weather strikes Granite State
The umbrellas came out during a series of rainstorms on Tuesday in Manchester. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
The storm made some serious noise as it moved through, soaking much of the region with 1 to 2 inches of rain.
However, by 7 p.m., Gerhard said the road was clear for drivers.
The home narrowly avoided serious damage after a pair of propane tanks caught fire.
Londonderry Fire Department officials reported receiving a call from residents at approximately 3:50 p.m.
The fire was reportedly under control within less than 10 minutes, though a resulting gas leak took slightly longer to resolve, fire officials said.
The park issued a severe weather alert and closed at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The forecast calls for more thunderstorms today so the park will remain closed for the day.
Union Leader correspondents Barbara Taormina, Adam Swift and April Guilmet contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'