Wild weather strikes Granite State
The umbrellas came out during a series of rainstorms on Tuesday in Manchester. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
The storm made some serious noise as it moved through, soaking much of the region with 1 to 2 inches of rain.
However, by 7 p.m., Gerhard said the road was clear for drivers.
The home narrowly avoided serious damage after a pair of propane tanks caught fire.
Londonderry Fire Department officials reported receiving a call from residents at approximately 3:50 p.m.
The fire was reportedly under control within less than 10 minutes, though a resulting gas leak took slightly longer to resolve, fire officials said.
The park issued a severe weather alert and closed at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The forecast calls for more thunderstorms today so the park will remain closed for the day.
Union Leader correspondents Barbara Taormina, Adam Swift and April Guilmet contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storm blasts state with messy mix - 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 9
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'