Two steps closer for recreation land purchase in Milford
The view of 127 Elm St. as seen from inside Keyes Memorial Park. Milford voters will decide on September 9 at a special town meeting if they want to purchase the property. (KATHLEEN BAGLIO HUMPHREYS/Union Leader Correspondent)
About a dozen residents attended a public hearing Monday to learn more, and some voiced their concern about environmental situations on the site.
Money has been raised to fully purchase the land without using tax dollars.
The town’s goal to purchase the parcel is critical to access Keyes Memorial Park after the EPA cleanup at the old Fletcher site begins as early as next year. The only entranceway to Keyes will be blocked during the cleanup, which could last up to two years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
- Utility pole licensing changes could raise rates in Derry - 0
- Derry councilor wants to begin budget discussion - 0
- Major development approved in Merrimack - 1
- Weare residents turn out to discuss police department concerns - 1
- Manchester, Uber headed for a collision over taxi regulations? - 18
- Fitch lowers Manchester's bond rating - 0
- Apartments, retail area approved on 150-acre parcel in Merrimack - 0
- Derry residents angered over property neglect by downtown landlords - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 4
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 5
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 1
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 14
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll