Christ Church in Exeter gets grant for Cuba work
In January, Mark Pendleton, rector at Christ Church, led a pilgrimage to Cuba of church members and others.
Pendleton said, “One of the greatest needs in Cuba after decades of economical isolation and government mismanagement is clean drinking water. The public water and sewage system has broken down after decades of disrepair. Malaria, typhoid, cholera and even dengue fever are prevalent throughout Cuba. Clean drinking water is vital to public health. ”
The New Hampshire Diocesan Outreach Commission budgets annual grants to not-for-profit organizations deemed by the Millennium Development Goals Committee to best fulfill the goals of eradicating extreme poverty and hunger; universal primary education; gender equality/empowering women; reducing child mortality; improving maternal health; combatting HIV/AIDS, malaria, disease; environmental sustainability and global partnership development.
For more information about the 2015 trip, visit http://christchurchexeter.org/cuba-mission-trip-2015/.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Tough task for NH budget writers - 16
- A kinder, gentler House Speaker? - 21
- State's treasury chief will seek a full term from Legislature - 0
- GOP gives nod to Bill O'Brien's return as House speaker - 48
- Advocates want more money from liquor sales to treat addiction - 0
- GOP and Democrats each pick up a seat in recounts - 0
- Bedford’s Sanborn drops out of NH House Speaker race - 0
- Merrill replaces Flanders as NH Senate Chief of Staff - 0
- Gov. Hassan wants a 'thoughtful, careful' budget - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?