Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK
This electronic image captures the weather pattern that spanned through a portion of Nashua on Tuesday, including a brief tornado warning. (Courtesy)
“We did have significant amounts of water, but we had no river flooding, so that was good,” said Justin Kates, director of the city’s Office of Emergency Management.
A tornado warning was issued about 4 p.m. Tuesday for the southeast corner of the city, said Kates.
Almost as soon as the tornado warning was posted, a shift of wind moved the location of the possible weather event toward Hudson and Pelham, Kates said.
A significant amount of rainfall pooled along the Daniel Webster Highway in the area of McDonald’s restaurant, and vehicles were getting stuck in several inches of water, he said, warning motorists to always avoid high water — even if it looks like it is manageable.
“This has been going on for decades there,” Kates said of the water accumulation during storms.
There were two or three areas in the city where motorists were having difficulties with high water on the roadways, but there were no serious complications, according to Galipeau.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison - 2
- Summit of Mount Washington white with rime ice, snow to follow soon - 0
- Storms in Meredith cause outages - 0
- USGS reports minor earthquake just outside of Concord - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hollis storm damage caused by microburst, not tornado - 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw