Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK
This electronic image captures the weather pattern that spanned through a portion of Nashua on Tuesday, including a brief tornado warning. (Courtesy)
“We did have significant amounts of water, but we had no river flooding, so that was good,” said Justin Kates, director of the city’s Office of Emergency Management.
A tornado warning was issued about 4 p.m. Tuesday for the southeast corner of the city, said Kates.
Almost as soon as the tornado warning was posted, a shift of wind moved the location of the possible weather event toward Hudson and Pelham, Kates said.
A significant amount of rainfall pooled along the Daniel Webster Highway in the area of McDonald’s restaurant, and vehicles were getting stuck in several inches of water, he said, warning motorists to always avoid high water — even if it looks like it is manageable.
“This has been going on for decades there,” Kates said of the water accumulation during storms.
There were two or three areas in the city where motorists were having difficulties with high water on the roadways, but there were no serious complications, according to Galipeau.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 7
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax