Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK
This electronic image captures the weather pattern that spanned through a portion of Nashua on Tuesday, including a brief tornado warning. (Courtesy)
“We did have significant amounts of water, but we had no river flooding, so that was good,” said Justin Kates, director of the city’s Office of Emergency Management.
A tornado warning was issued about 4 p.m. Tuesday for the southeast corner of the city, said Kates.
Almost as soon as the tornado warning was posted, a shift of wind moved the location of the possible weather event toward Hudson and Pelham, Kates said.
A significant amount of rainfall pooled along the Daniel Webster Highway in the area of McDonald’s restaurant, and vehicles were getting stuck in several inches of water, he said, warning motorists to always avoid high water — even if it looks like it is manageable.
“This has been going on for decades there,” Kates said of the water accumulation during storms.
There were two or three areas in the city where motorists were having difficulties with high water on the roadways, but there were no serious complications, according to Galipeau.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 12
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it