Struggle of returning female veterans is showcased in film playing July 29
But what happens when Jane comes marching home?
The New Hampshire Veterans Home will be highlighting the struggles of female veterans to readjust to normal lives after returning from military service with a documentary video and a panel discussion on Tuesday, July 29, at 2 p.m.
The video is the award-winning “Service: When Women Come Marching Home,” a presentation by independent filmmakers Marcia Rock and Patricia Lee Stotter.
The film highlights a group of disabled female veterans as they struggle with problems from amputations and prosthetics to homelessness, post-traumatic stress, and military sexual trauma as they transition from active duty back to civilian life.
Women veterans face most of the same problems men face, and then a few more, Stotter said. They deal with physical injuries, post-traumatic stress, and sexual trauma from having been in a male-dominated environment, she said.
Distribution of the film is backed by the national organization of the Disabled American Veterans.
After the hour-long film is shown, the home will host a panel discussion on the changing roles of women in the military.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 28
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 29
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters