New Hampshire Union Leader publisher to be honored with Libertas Award
CONCORD — New Hampshire Union Leader President and Publisher Joseph W. McQuaid will be presented with the Josiah Bartlett Center’s Libertas Award, the center said Thursday in a release.
The award will be presented by former Gov. Steve Merrill and Fox News chief political correspondent Carl Cameron.
“We are privileged to be able to honor Joe McQuaid for all his work,” Charlie Arlinghaus, president of the Josiah Bartlett Center, said in a statement. “It will make the tribute special to have someone of Carl’s stature who knows not just the state and our organization so well but is and has been so familiar with Joe at every step of his career.”
McQuaid is being honored “for all his work opening government to the people, promoting the independence of information and supporting the economic freedom at the heart of our system,” the statement said.
The Libertas Dinner begins with a reception at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.