Proposed elderly apartment complex clears zoning hurdle in Londonderry
Project officials can now return to the planning board to finalize their plans.
The new complex will be located around the corner from a separate assisted living facility that’s still in conceptual stages. Across town, plans for a large nursing home are currently under review by the state.
The granted variances will allow for the community to be built on the 12.72 acre parcel on Button and Golen drives, which is within the Route 102 Performance Overlay district.
Speltz, who was out of state this week and unable to attend the meeting, said allowing increased density for open space is important for the community at large.
She said more than half of the apartments being built would be two-bedroom units, and the plans include a parking space for each apartment bedroom.
Board members agreed the town’s population is aging and there would be no shortage of tenants for the new apartment complex in the coming years.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson selectmen approve ambulance fee increases - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Londonderry board rejects workforce housing variances - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
- Derry fire chief is retiring - 0
- Aldermen not quite ready to endorse art plan - 0
- Citing transparency, Merrimack officials won't hold private meetings with pipeline developers - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama