action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

July 17. 2014 10:36PM

No adult home when 3 kids spark grease fire

MANCHESTER — After police and firefighters responded to a kitchen fire at 389 Belmont St. late Wednesday afternoon and found three preteen children alone with a grease fire as they attempted to cook something, the police juvenile division became involved.

The patrol officers who initially responded to the fire found a 10-year-old girl, a 10-year-old boy and an 11-year-old boy, who were trying to cook without an adult in the residence.

The girl sustained minor burns to her arm and was treated at a local hospital and released. The two boys were also taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure and later released to their mother/guardian.

The mother of two of the children was located and notified of the incident. The third child is a relative of the mother, and he was in her care at the time of the fire.

The Manchester Police Juvenile Divison is investigating. No decision has been made about whether criminal charges will be filed.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events