At Jaffrey event, they say, 'Let them eat (cup)cake'
"Get Thee to a Cupcake," was the decree, said event Co-chairman Dion Owens.
"Nobody knows for certain, but they are saying that this is Shakespeare's 450th birthday so there is quite a hoot about Shakespeare across the land, not just here in America, but in England and other countries," Dion said.
And young thespians from the Jaffrey-based Project Shakespeare performed for the cupcake-eating crowd.
"People said, 'It was so much fun can, we do it again?' After five years, we said, 'Should we give it a rest?' No. People are calling Dion in the spring, saying 'When is Cupcakes, we are planning our vacation,'" said Co-chairman Stephanie Minteer. "We are kind of blown away by it."
This year, 69 individuals, groups and businesses dropped off contributions, totaling 3,375 cupcakes.
"Everyone is here mingling and having a good time over something as corny as getting a free cupcake. It's kind of great," Minteer said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.