Home » Opinion » Editorials
Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President
Gubernatorial hopeful Walt Havenstein, on the other hand, doesn't have a political record and that is driving his opponents, and apparently some journalists, to distraction, and absurdity.
"As President Obama stated in his inaugural address last Tuesday, 'Our challenges may be new. The instruments with which we meet them may be new. But those values on which our success depends - hard work and honesty, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism - these things are old,'" Havenstein told Academy students.
Hang the man!
Seriously, reasonable people tend to wish the new guy well, for the nation's sake.
Unless we were dreaming, even GOP stalwart Judd Gregg considered joining Obama's first Cabinet on that basis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pipeline protest in Fitzwilliam - 0
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants - 2
- Opposition lines up against new Alexandria wind plant proposal - 1
- PSNH's rate request puts it lower than competitors, a reversal from last year - 6
- Pipeline meeting in Mason draws big crowd - 0
- Kinder Morgan reveals route for pipeline at Milford meeting - 1
- Nature vs. man: Keeping the lights on - 1
- Pipeline pushback seen in NH - 7
- Meeting will inform Mason residents about proposed pipeline - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber