Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Londonderry police chief probing online 'CopBlock' allegations
Police Chief Bill Hart said the department hadn’t received a formal complaint regarding the incident earlier this month, but he said he’s treating the case as seriously as any other complaint.
Cop Block’s website said it is “a decentralized project supported by a diverse group of individuals united by their shared goal of police accountability.”
The author of the post claimed he and his wife were traveling through town that morning when a police SUV pulled them over.
According to the post’s author, the officers refused to call an ambulance and then asked the couple about the clear inspection sticker on their car.
The poster identified as Roberts also claimed a second request for an ambulance call was dismissed by the police officers he identified as “Wiggins and Sgt. Mccutherson.”
Roberts claimed one of the officers said, “You don’t need no goddamn ambulance,” and after seeing the CopBlock.org sticker on their car, sent them on their way saying, “Get out of my face. You Cop Blockers make me want to puke.”
However, he stressed the importance of citizens speaking up when it comes to their concerns involving the local police.
He stressed that “every single complaint made to the police department is reviewed and addressed accordingly.”
Last year the department received five complaints Hart described as “internal affairs, noting the department has about 65 employees.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483