Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Couple indicted in abuse of 8-year-old boy in Nashua
A Hillsborough County Superior Court grand jury has handed up one indictment against Katlyn Marin, 25, of 14 Oak St., charging her with second-degree assault.
According to court documents, Marin and Rivera are both accused of striking the 8-year-old boy with a belt between January and April. Rivera is also is accused of “forcing (the child) to kneel for 15 minutes to one hour, causing bruising to his legs and knees,” states the indictment on file at Hillsborough County Superior Court South.
When Brooks confronted Marin about her children’s welfare at the family residence, police observed bruising on three other children, ages 4, 3, and 9 months old.
Police previously issued an ex parte request and Judge Michael Ryan placed all five of the children into an emergency foster family earlier this year.
Two of the children told a DCYF caseworker that Marin and Rivera allegedly strike their 8-year-old brother with a belt almost daily, adding they are only allowed to eat once a day when they are at home, the court documents state.
Marin and Rivera have denied the accusations, telling authorities that the children are hostile with each other. Marin described her 8-year-old son as “extremely aggressive and dangerous,” adding she placed an alarm on his door to alert her when he leaves since he previously hurt his siblings, according to court records.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483