Home » News » Public Safety
Celebrations for Abby on hold
The sign in front of Kennett High School in North Conway reflected the feelings of many in town Wednesday. (COURTESY AMANDA SMITH)
Abigail Hernandez, 15, returned home Sunday night after being missing for nine months, under circumstances that are the subject of an investigation by law enforcement authorities, who say they don’t yet understand all of what went on with her disappearance and her return.
The FBI’s Kieran Ramsey said there was no news to report from the investigation.
On Tuesday, the AG’s office made an appeal to the public for information, releasing images of a pair of black pants and a striped sweater that Abby was wearing the night she returned home as well as the day she disappeared, Oct. 9, 2013.
“To the extent that someone helped her, if it rises to the level of criminal activity, that person will be brought to justice,” Young said Tuesday.
“Right now we don’t have anything planned. Our number-one concern is Abby and their privacy,” Smith said.
“I am so pleased she is back with her family ... all the other details don’t matter much unless criminal activity was against this young girl. Welcome home Abby,” read one post.
Anyone with information is asked to contact state police at 271-3636 or the Conway police at 356-5715.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads