Nashua's Carroll sets sights on 2015 mayoral run
Rep. Doug Carroll, 30, told the New Hampshire Union Leader he will seek the position of mayor — the first candidate to come forward and publicly announce candidacy for the post.
“Even if I don’t win, I won’t be a sore loser,” he said.
Although no other potential candidates have officially come forward, Carroll, and some other city residents, have indicated that two sitting aldermen may be interested in seeking the mayor’s seat.
“I have not made a final decision on that yet,” Lozeau said Wednesday, adding she was unsure when she would likely decide.
“I have already done a lot of things in my life, and I am looking forward to the future,” said Carroll, explaining he was able to purchase his family’s Nashua home, manage several buildings in southern New Hampshire and create his own business.
“But I like working with people, and I want to do the best I can,” he said. “Life is short, and in time, I want people to look back and I want them to be proud of me.”
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Alton educator selected as NH Teacher of the Year - 0
- USNH: Restore funding and we'll freeze tuition - 5
- Manchester, Hooksett will resume schools conversation - 2
- River Valley Community College planning for new president's inauguration - 0
- Singing a nationwide national anthem at St. Anselm College in Manchester - 0
- Manchester teachers union has contract concerns - 0
- Litchfield school superintendent surprised by board's decision - 0
- State, Lyndeborough agree on school bond repayment plan - 0
- Portsmouth school district undergoing widespread review of sexual harassment response - 0
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 3
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
USNH's raw deal: Part deux
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Labor fines proposed on school project