Home » News » Public Safety
Gilsum man, injured while logging, flown to DHMC
Deputy Joshua Paulette of the Cheshire County Sheriffs Department said they received a report of a man with a head injury at 11:56 a.m. Wednesday.
Wright was cutting down a tree that was about 10 inches in diameter when it turned and came down on top of him, striking his helmet and then his chest, Paulette said.
“He was conscious when we arrived. There were a few rescue people on scene,” Paulette said.
Paulette said Wright was working on a neighbor’s property with the neighbor. Wright and his neighbor have a grant through forest management to thin out small pine trees on their properties to allow hard woods like oaks and maples thrive, he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads