Home » News » Public Safety
New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision
The crash happened about 3:50 p.m. when motorcyclist Frederick W. Hammann, 43, was heading west on Turnpike Road on his black 1998 Harley-Davidson XL1200c motorcycle.
A white 2001 Ford F-150 pickup truck operated by Ralph J Calistro, 69, also of New Ipswich was directly behind him.
Hammann was attempting to make a right-hand turn onto Hillcrest Road when Calistro's pickup truck rear-ended him, according to state police.
For unknown reasons, Calistro "failed to identify, and react to an immediate hazard in his lane of travel therefore colliding with the 1998 Harley Davidson motorcycle who was making a legal right hand turn onto Hillcrest Road," state police said in a news release.
Drugs and/or alcohol do not appear to be factors in the crash, state police said. However, the crash remains under investigation by the state police C.A.R. Unit.
Hammann was transported from the scene by Jeffrey EMS and later died from his injuries.
Calistro was not injured in the crash.
Anyone with more information about the crash is asked to call trooper first class Michael J Pelletier at 603-223-8699 or email him at email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters