Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Defense for lawyer accused of sexual assault plans to question victim's veracity
Lawrence Buswell, 53, of Kingston appears in Rockingham County Superior Court Monday where he faces charges of felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE/Union Leader Correspondent)
“His credibility is the issue in the case,” Soldati said during the hearing in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Judge N. William Delker agreed with defense lawyers that they can call multiple witnesses to testify about the boy’s veracity over objections made by prosecutors at Monday’s hearing.
The alleged sex assault occurred while the boat was stationed off a cove on the east side of an island, according to court documents. Police learned about the alleged assault last Aug. 10, 2012 when the boy’s father contacted Kingston police.
This week’s trial is the second criminal case pending against Buswell in superior court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 23
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 8
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Total Votes: 917