Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold'
“We’re re-evaluating the project and working with issues that have arisen with the state of New Hampshire,” said Evan Coleman, Clear Energy’s chief operating officer. Coleman would not elaborate Sunday on what those issues are, but said more information may be forthcoming from Clear Energy by mid-August.
The 67-acre parcel is on the grounds of the former Wausau paper mill’s wastewater treatment lagoons. The LNG plant — which Clear Energy would build and then sell to another party which would operate it — is expected to bring more than 80 jobs to Groveton village, nearly all of them for truck drivers, with a starting pay rate of $19 per hour.
One of the fueling stations had been proposed to be located at Gorham Paper and Tissue, which CEO Michael Cummings said would help offset seasonal spikes in the cost of natural gas which this past winter forced GPAT to curtail production and lay off 25 employees.
“It’s important not to get too focused on one developer or one use and to be more open of other proposals,” said Woodburn. The senator said the current property owners have “greatly improved” the site.
Woodburn said the state’s Department of Resources and Economic Development is pursuing some leads for the site.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis officials seek to protect conservation lands from pipeline project - 0
- Funding for Berlin wind farm up for council hearing Wednesday - 1
- City landfill could host state’s largest solar farm - 5
- Plans for Manchester solar array project move forward - 0
- Utilities offer tips to help fight high winter energy costs - 0
- Bracing for the heating season throughout New Hampshire - 1
- Firewood scarcity driven by demand throughout NH - 2
- Hopkinton wood program is neighbor to neighbor - 0
- Fire marshal OKs Groton Wind operations after deeming facility safe - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters