Home » News » Public Safety
Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area
Matthew Ellis, 26, of Rochester, and Dylan Meyers, 21, of Farmington, were part of a group of eight who left southern NH intending to float a section of the Saco River in Conway on inner tubes.
They put in at Bear Notch Road at 3 p.m. after leaving a vehicle about five miles downstream below Lower Falls. Low water levels and rocky conditions slowed the group’s progress.
The main party traveled about two miles and at 7 p.m. left the river and walked the remaining distance to their vehicle.
Fish and Game conservation officers responded. Shortly after daybreak, the two men made their way out of the woods and were found to be in good condition.
Both Rocky Gorge and Lower Falls, which is currently closed, are in the section of the river the group intended to travel. At high water levels, Fish and Game noted, multiple drowning incidents have occurred on that stretch of river.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters