Developer Jerry Nash leaves legacy of honest real estate deals
In the 1960s, Nash teamed with Sam Tamposi, Sr. to create an unbeatable real estate development partnership.
Everyone in the business knew Nash and Tamposi would look at just about any property, or try just about anything to make it a success, according to Stabile.
Nash was instrumental in bringing Digital Equipment, Kollsman Instruments, Anheuser-Busch and other large companies to the southern portion of the state.
“My dad was a tough business person, but also very honest. He was a great negotiator, but when it was all said and done, he would take the person out to lunch,” said Mark Nash of Nash Construction LLC.
Nash, of Hudson, came from a family of entrepreneurs, as his father owned Nashua Paper Box Company on Water Street. Although Nash eventually bought the company with his brother, his real passion was real estate sales and development partnerships.
“They were the first to build an automotive village in Nashua, which is still there today,” said Stabile. “They also built a city in Florida with thousand of lots, golf courses and recreational facilities.”
Sam Tamposi, Jr. said Tuesday that Nash was not only a mentor, but an impeccable man with honor and integrity.
According to his son, Nash suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, a progressive disease that makes it difficult to breathe. He died just one day after being admitted to the Community Hospice House in Merrimack.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.