Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Abigail Hernandez, identified publicly only as "A.H." because of her age, sat quietly with her mother and family friends. Attorney General Joseph Foster was present but let his assistant, Jane Young, handle the state’s case, which was short and shorn of any and all details.
Kibby counsel, Jesse Friedman, argued unsuccessfully for the unsealing of documents and affidavits in the case, saying he could not provide an adequate defense without them and saying that the defendant and the public had a right to access the documents.
But the judge sided with the state’s request that the documents remain sealed, at least for 10 days before a probable cause hearing. The judge said she had signed the arrest warrant for Kibby at 6:30 Monday morning. Kibby was arrested without incident at his home, a trailer park in Conway.
The two sides agreed that for the moment Kibby would be held on $1 million cash bail.
Young said the high bail was “a very unique request’’ but this was “a unique case.’’
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483