Livermore 'friends' pleased with potential settlement from Groton Wind project
The state has negotiated a settlement in which a local wind power company would donate $150,000 to the Livermore Falls project.
“We are trying to make safe passage across the river, and though it’s a rite of passage for young people to use the old bridge, it’s very dangerous there now,” said Shelagh Connelly, a Holderness selectman and a member of the chapter, which is sponsored by the Plymouth Rotary.
The Livermore Falls area is a set of waterfalls, cliffs and beaches along the river below the old Pumpkin Seed Bridge in the towns of Campton, Plymouth and Holderness. It is recognized as a site of historical significance because of its beautiful geology.
Last week, the friends group learned about the settlement. But friends group members aren’t counting on the money yet, as the settlement still needs approval from the SEC.
The friends group will meet with state officials in the coming weeks to get more information about the settlement, Connelly said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice - 5
- Peterborough receives EPA ‘green power’ award - 0
- Work on largest solar project in state begins in Peterborough - 0
- 24-mile transmission line project could begin in late 2016 - 0
- Conflict rises over Millsfield agreement with wind farm - 0
- New Hampshire's energy future in 'crisis' - 53
- Gas pipeline talk in southern NH surprises many officials in towns by alternative route - 1
- Wind-power developer eyes Alexandria area again - 2
- Keystone bill passes U.S. House - 42
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Osgood Road closed in Milford, 33% without power - 0
- PSNH says storm ranks as 4th largest for peak outage - 0
- Henniker police shoot suspect in truck heist - 0
- More than 200,000 New Hampshire customers without power - 1
- Thanksgiving travel a nightmare as storm dumps heavy, wet snow - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats put selves in strong position - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?