Livermore 'friends' pleased with potential settlement from Groton Wind project
The state has negotiated a settlement in which a local wind power company would donate $150,000 to the Livermore Falls project.
“We are trying to make safe passage across the river, and though it’s a rite of passage for young people to use the old bridge, it’s very dangerous there now,” said Shelagh Connelly, a Holderness selectman and a member of the chapter, which is sponsored by the Plymouth Rotary.
The Livermore Falls area is a set of waterfalls, cliffs and beaches along the river below the old Pumpkin Seed Bridge in the towns of Campton, Plymouth and Holderness. It is recognized as a site of historical significance because of its beautiful geology.
Last week, the friends group learned about the settlement. But friends group members aren’t counting on the money yet, as the settlement still needs approval from the SEC.
The friends group will meet with state officials in the coming weeks to get more information about the settlement, Connelly said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 3
- Pat Buchanan: The high price of papal popularity - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 15
- Deroy Murdock: Scott Brown's good case for a Republican Senate - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Rise of the Clinton Democrats (not really) - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 23
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: Ebola vs. civil liberties - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 0
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 0
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen