Club Notes: Italian club to present comedy/murder mystery
Italian club to present comedy/murder mystery
LACONIA — The N.H. Lakes Region Italian Cultural Club will present “Knock EM Dead,” a comedy/murder mystery with six possible endings, on Thursday, Aug. 21, at the Belknap Mill in downtown Laconia.
The play will be performed by the Streetcar Company, an all-volunteer community theater company in the Lakes Region.
The performance is open to the public, and audience participation will help determine the ending.
The club, which was formed more than seven years, provides programs, dinners and occasional trips to promote knowledge of Italian culture. It’s not necessary to be Italian to join or to attend.
Tickets are $20 per person and include coffee and dessert, which will be served during a break. For tickets, call Joe Adrignola at 496-3839 or Alice Contardo at 527-0551.
For more information about the club, go to http://italianinnh.com.
DAR honors Pierce Brigade for historic preservation
CONCORD — The Buntin Rumford Webster Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution recently presented the National DAR Historic Preservation Recognition Award to members of the Pierce Brigade.
For 40 years, the all-volunteer group has preserved and maintained the former Montgomery Street home of Franklin Pierce, now located at 14 Horseshoe Pond Lane, as well as the legacy of the 14th President.
Chapter Regent Ann Hasbany presented the award before the start of a concert on the grounds of the Pierce Manse by the 39th U.S. Army Band, N.H. Army National Guard.
For more about the DAR and the chapter, go to www.freewebs.com/brwdar.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.