Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Former Manchester teacher jailed for assaulting student, 6, with soap, pepper
According to a statement issued by LaFrance’s office:
• In November 2012, Varney threatened to put pepper in the mouth of a child who refused to behave and do her school work. She later brought the child to a sink and placed pepper on her tongue.
• In the spring of 2013, Varney flicked a book in the student’s face when she hyperextended her neck backwards.
The statement said paraprofessionals witnessed at least two of the assaults, but they were not reported until April 2013.
LaFrance said she assumes the paraprofessionals held off reporting the assaults because of Varney’s role as classroom teacher.
Gambale was given a suspended sentence, relinquished her teaching credentials and was ordered to continue mental health email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483