Buddhist temple plan in Peterborough advances
The proposed 3,200 square foot temple would accommodate up to 75 people for mostly Sunday prayer meetings and up to 20 people for week-long retreats.
The Buddhist temple, to be named the Bao Chon Temple, would be built on an 11-acre property on Route 101 where the Temple Mountain Buddhist Meditation Center is already located.
The house’s garage would be torn down to make way for the temple.
Back then, the Temple Mountain Buddhist Meditation Center was granted a special exception permitting a religious use in the rural district.
Plans for the new temple include widening the driveway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Tough task for NH budget writers
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Teacher 'thrilled' at being reinstated
Paul, Christie share lead in primary poll