Veterans Briefs: Seabee barbecue at vets home
TILTON — The New Hampshire chapter of Navy Seabee Veterans of America, known as Island X-4, is hosting its annual picnic Saturday at the New Hampshire Veterans Home, 139 Winter St.
Veteran home residents are also invited to the cookout, which has taken place for the past 15 years, according to chapter commander John E. Hemeon of Rumney.
Call Hemeon at 786-9842 or secretary Ray Vercoe of Laconia at 524-3667.
Jutras Post to hold fundraiser
MANCHESTER — Jutras Post 43, The American Legion, is holding a baseball fundraiser barbecue from 6 to 8 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 8.
Kingston holds card tourney
KINGSTON — If you like to play cards and especially 45’s, the Kingston Veterans Club invites you its weekly tournament on Thursdays at 7 p.m.
The cost is $5, and snacks are included. For more information, contact call 642-3419.
NH department gets U.S. support award
WASHINGTON — Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a Department of Defense office, has announced that the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services of Concord, N.H., is one of 15 recipients of the 2014 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award.
This year’s recipients were selected from 2,864 nominations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New superintendent named in Lebanon - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park