Lebanon's Elks donate to Harbor Homes veterans in Claremont
Arleen Rutledge, head of the Lebanon Elks Veterans Committee, said the donation was funded through a $2,000 Elks Lodge Gratitude Grant for the veterans of Harbor Homes.
When the home opened two years ago, the Lebanon Elks Lodge helped with a donation of bedroom furniture. Since then, the Elks members have returned to serve holiday dinners and summer barbeques to the veterans, Rutledge said, so Elks members knew the kitchen supplies that range from plates and a toaster oven to potholders and spatulas as well as patios furniture was needed.
The furniture was delivered July 24, after which there was a dinner celebration for the veterans.
Rutledge said the Elks have a long history of helping veterans, which is an important mission to her.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New vicar general appointed to the Diocese of New England - 0
- Dover's St. Mary Academy gears up for annual auction, ugly sweater party - 0
- Our Corner Store in Whitefield to hold bag sale - 0
- St. Pat's announces Shoot for the Stars auction - 0
- Manchester church names music director - 0
- Catholics from NH and around world watching Vatican synod - 2
- Greenfield church plans open house - 0
- Local churches open doors to Tenney parishoners - 0
- Goffstown church to hold workshop for Christian educators - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate